Curriculum programs at our school are founded on the following principles -:
- The learning environment should be supportive and productive.
- The learning environment should promote independence, interdependence and self motivation.
- Students’ needs, backgrounds, perspectives and interests should be reflected in the learning program.
- Students should be challenged and supported to develop deep levels of thinking and application
- Assessment practices are an integral part of teaching and learning
- Learning needs to connect strongly with communities and practice beyond the classroom
(PoLT © State of Victoria (Dept of Education and Early Childhood Development), 2007 )
Underpinning all curriculum delivery is the premise that every student has the right to access his or her learning in an inclusive environment, one that is free from bias, stereotyping and other forms of discrimination, where students can feel safe and supported in their learning.