At St. Michael’s we believe that the best learning environment is provided for our students when the whole school community has an opportunity to be involved. We welcome parent and caregiver participation in our school and value the contributions made by our school community.
Parents, carers and other members of our school community have the opportunity to participate in school life through -:
• helping in the classrooms
• working on special projects
• belonging to the Parents and Friends Association
• participating in excursions
• belonging to the School Board
• helping with working bees
• sharing expertise
• attending assemblies and Mass
• participating in fun days and Feast days
• joining us for our family evenings throughout the year
Research shows that when parents and caregivers show an active interest in their children’s school life, learning is optimised and student wellbeing is enhanced. To ensure that parent/caregiver involvement supports that wellbeing, we do have guidelines for parents and visitors who are involved in school events.